The most common Turkish traditional dances are:
- Hora (East Thrace)
- Zeybek (West Turkey and Aegean Sea coast)
- Kaşık (Mid-West Turkey)
- Karşılama (Mid-West Turkey)
- Halay (South-East Turkey)
- Horon (Black Sea)
- Bar (Mountainous areas near Black Sea)
- Lezginka or Kafkas Oyunları (Caucasus area).
Can you recognize the most famous Turkish folk dances?
To do so, use the embedded map, watch carefully the dresses and listen to the rhythm of the songs.
Click the button "New Exercise".
In the Answers section, you can read a brief description of the dances.